Tuesday 17 November 2015

Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis

An excellent debut novel from Mindy McGinnis, an author I hope we will see much more from. She is a Young Adult librarian who lives in Ohio, USA. She dedicated this book as follows: "For my parents. They read to me. "

This is another Young Adults dystopian novel which could easily sit on the adult fiction shelf; I loved it. It's main theme of the need to protect one's own water source in a completely deconstructed and messed-up world is a very real one, and the way it is handled in this gave me pause for thought. I hope more people read it and think about it.

It is a story of survival, and what it takes to do that in a world that has forgotten most of what their parents, and certainly their grandparents knew. It is a deeply human, moving story beautifully written.

Posted by CC.

Catalogue link: Not a Drop to Drink 

No comments:

Post a Comment