Thursday 12 May 2016

Book Club Chaos

What are your book club meetings like? Every one of ours is a fun rambunctious event with a certain degree of digression onto other topics. Some even loosely related to books and reading...
We had talked last month about bringing or discussing our favourite cookbooks, particularly as it is harvesting time. I forgot, but that was ok because so did everyone else. Trying to act at least a little prepared I momentarily excused myself and dashed down to 641.852LAW to grab Digby Law's Pickle and Chutney Cookbook, aka my Bible. I've tried (successfully) many recipes in this book and highly recommend it to all. My fav would be the pickled lemons. Don't just make them to sit in the cupboard, eat them! They're great!


Dulcie May was another hit
Dulcie May Kitchen Everyday

Recommended reads from this months bunch;

A Manual for Cleaning Women by Lucia Berlin
Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck
The Nightengale by Kristen Hannah

Even Dogs in the Wild by Ian Rankin
Heritage by Judy Nunn

Posted by Cookie Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment