Saturday 23 July 2016

The Glittering Court by Richelle Mead

While most of my recommendations have been contemporary fiction, I will admit that fantasy (especially period fantasy) is my first love when it comes to reading. Vampire Academy author Richelle Meads' latest book is everything that I love about that particular genre.

The Glittering Court follows Adelaide, who may belong to the upper-class and spends her time at fabulous parties being waited on hand and foot, but she finds the uptight rules of her life, and of her expected marriage, to be too much to handle. Instead she runs away to the Glittering Court, and a chance to re-invent her life in the wild, newly conquered country of Adoria.

I will admit that this is very much a romance story, set in a world similar to the upper classes of England, with Adoria being their version of the newly colonized America. But it is a very enjoyable romance, with a strong female lead who knows her mind and what she wants, and refuses to let people stand in her way. She finds love, and makes close friends, and even meets a couple of pirates along the way. The only thing about the book that I didn’t like was that it is the first in a series, so now I have to wait who knows how long to find out what happens next.

Posted by Sas

Catalogue link: The Glittering Court

No comments:

Post a Comment