Tuesday 11 October 2016

The Compound by S A Bodeen

“Eli and his family have lived in the underground Compound for six years. The world they knew is gone, and they've become accustomed to their new life. Accustomed, but not happy… Eli's father built the Compound to keep them safe. But are they safe—or sorry?” – Goodreads Blurb.

I really enjoyed this book, I did. I just felt like there needed to be more. Not in a way that I loved it so much I just didn't want it to end. More like it took a while to get to the dramatic plot twist, and from there on it was very hurried.

I still liked it. I just felt like it needed to be more fleshed out in places. Like why was the father crazy? Why did he want to hide from the world? WHY was he worrying his family about potentially running out of food when he could have easily got Phil to bring more?! There were just a lot of unanswered questions. Then the novel stopped so abruptly, so of course there are more novels. At least one that has already been published, and there are probably more to come.

Honestly, I don’t think I’d bother with the rest. But if you’re a fan of books like The Maze Runner or The Hunger Games, but don’t like all the emotions, romantic relationships, or hefty political views, then maybe give this one a read.

Or maybe just wait until they turn it into a movie. They’re turning all YA books into movies these days.

Posted by Sas

Catalogue link: The Compound

No comments:

Post a Comment